Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Free Cereal at Target

Late yesterday I figured out that by combining coupons and price matching at Target I could get free General Mills cereals.

Here is the scenario:

Walgreens had General Mills cereals for $1.99 a box this week. I grabbed my Walgreens ad and headed to Target-they currently have a $1 off any General Mills cereal Target and I had some $3 off of 3 boxes of General Mills cereal manufacturer coupons-so by combining the Target q and Manufacturer's coupon-it made them free. The Walgreens ad did state a limit of 4-and my Target was sticking by that.

I did 5 different transactions like this:

3 boxes of cereal @ $1.99= $5.97
3 Target $1 off any General Mills cereal= -$3.00
1 $3 off of 3 boxes of General Mills cereals= -$2.97*
Total=$0

* My Target actually adjusted this coupon down to $2.97-or else they would have owed me $.03 on each transaction.

You have to be quick with this deal-both the coupon and sale end on Saturday.

We are stocked for a while which is a good thing-we eat cereal at our house like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment